Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Victor!

Please meet Victor.  A few months back, I decided to take painting lessons, so we started drawing straight lines, circles, shaded blocks, vases, fruits, and eventually people.  Then to painting, where he taught me to use colors that shine, and not be afraid with art.

Victor became my three times/ week friend.  Spending two hours of the evening chatting about the city, the news, his childhood, my family, relationships, work, and of course how to improve my artistic skills haha.  To all the teachers and instructors out there, I hope you know how much your clients appreciate you as people, we wouldn't spend so much time with you otherwise : )

Maybe some day I'll post some of the scratches I made, but here's the final piece.  Thank you Victor for the idea (it's a replica of one of his paintings) and the friendship : )

ganas de resplandecer (temp title).  Emi Okamoto and Victor Villaroel Cespedes.   3 pieces, made with texture, acrylic, and love.  

1 comment:

I know it might take a few clicks to make a comment but I really appreciate hearing from everyone! It can be hard to put yourself out there on the internet but great to know people are listening : )

p.s. If you can, sign your name please!