Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pensamientos

Some daily thoughts of the last day, to bring with me:

-Watching sweat beads off my shins during the gym class, Krank (it's like a bicycle for your arms!).  Yes, it's still quite humid here.

-An elderly man walking out of the hospital, carefully carrying his chest X-ray film against his chest (as if the film was seeing right through him, and yes they use film here)

-My majadito lunch, which is a delicious dish of meat, rice, and sauce topped with an egg and fried plantain.  It was less than $2, and included a great squash soup.

-Pablo, the copy guy, sitting behind his desk waiting to greet us with a smile.  We bargained the cheapest copies from him, what usually costs 50 centavos we got for 10 centavos, even when not copying in bulk!


I have moved far too much in my life.  A very near and dear friend just sent me this quote, which really hits home.  For everyone out there who has up and left, then left again.

“You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place...like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again.” -Azar Nafisi, Reading Lolita in Tehran

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know it might take a few clicks to make a comment but I really appreciate hearing from everyone! It can be hard to put yourself out there on the internet but great to know people are listening : )

p.s. If you can, sign your name please!