Sunday, October 28, 2012

Uñas Pintadas

"You kind look like you're 16... and posting this to 
MySpace... except you're smiling"
-Jackie on my photo
So in Santa Cruz city, many of the people pay attention to their looks.  High heels wobble down the poorly constructed sidewalks, and residents come in every morning wearing make-up and earrings which match their nicely fitted scrub tops.

Another thing that is "in" is the fourth nail.  It's the accent nail, the spicy zest.  Most people get their nails done in the market, by other Bolivians.  Since I've always loved doing my own nails, I just took some old polish and gave it a shot.  Jackie and I certainly don't fit in here perfectly, and will likely just end up killing this trend, but here's my best attempt.


3 comments:

  1. Emi you are so much fun to read! Bolivia sounds amazing and I am so glad that you continue to greet each day with a hearty carpe diem.

    You are a treasure, little poquitito.

    Love
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why the fourth nail? Why not the thumb or middle finger, both of which have bigger nails? It looks awesome, but why not start a new trend?

    ReplyDelete

I know it might take a few clicks to make a comment but I really appreciate hearing from everyone! It can be hard to put yourself out there on the internet but great to know people are listening : )

p.s. If you can, sign your name please!