Thursday, April 24, 2014

Exploration

Being in Bolivia reminded me not to wait for life to happen. And every day can be the adventure that you make it. I'm now reading one of the best-selling Spanish self-help books, La Vaca. The author stresses that excuses, justifications, and limiting attitudes are just that, so let them go. No reason to let these stop us from getting out there and taking the chances, as there is no better time than now.

An impromptu Sunday trip to the sand dunes 45 minutes outside
the city. A $50 guided tour in 4x4 was suggested, but instead
 a friend and I just hired a cabbie out and then hitched a ride on
the back  of a nice families truck to get past the sandy roads
Bored and lonely one Sunday, I finally picked
myself up and decided why not walk to the
market for an adventure?
And I found this guy for sale, who
 then made my day : ) 

When the taxi driver was passing my a market with used hats,
I asked him to kindly stop so I could grab one.
And for $4, I got a nice Philly one! Good sign.
“Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who was led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it.” -JD Stroube, Caged by Damnation

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know it might take a few clicks to make a comment but I really appreciate hearing from everyone! It can be hard to put yourself out there on the internet but great to know people are listening : )

p.s. If you can, sign your name please!