Thursday, February 7, 2013

Oruro Bound

Jackie and I are heading on a plane to Cochabamba, Bolivia to stay for a night before taking a bus to Oruro for Carnaval.  We took an altitude med, acetazolamide, since we'll be up around 12,000 feet.   There were no meds left in Santa Cruz (a shortage of this drug for 3 weeks) but luckily we had some left over from another trip.  Last time they gave me the pills in a little baggie (prescriptions are basically only needed for narcotics).  Then I realized I had absolutely no idea what dose they were.  I went on one of the "pill finder" applications we use in the US to describe the shape/color/markings, but unfortunately I realized that my pill was a white circle with one line down the center... completely nonspecific.   So much for that.

Anyways, more to come, but I just wanted to post this nice picture!
Jackie and my masks.  We pained our nails to match and bought those streamers as well.
Actually no one really wears masks like this in Bolivia, but doesn't mean we can't!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good trip! Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I know it might take a few clicks to make a comment but I really appreciate hearing from everyone! It can be hard to put yourself out there on the internet but great to know people are listening : )

p.s. If you can, sign your name please!