Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Campo!

Our friend Omar took us out to his campo, or basically farm.  It's about an hour outside the city, and it's maintained by a man and his family who live there for free.  Fantastic day to get away and relax.  Many thanks to Omar and his family!

singani is the local liquor of grapes

I'd have to say this is a first!  I'm wildly inefficient at this,
one guy filled a bucket faster than I would have filled the cup
starting off the morning right
ambrosia = singani, fresh milk, sugar
a little foamy, and what I could get
myself to drink was delicious

Guadalupe, Omar's Argentinian girlfriend, sports her Argentinian
hat in a field of soy.  Soy is actually one of the biggest crops here,
despite it not really being part of the diet. 



animal farm!  without the politics. could have played all day
I walked around this field for a while and stared down a horned bull.  Just tried not to make anyone mad.
we took a horse and buggy tour

favorite picture of the day


2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are great :) It looks so pretty, and I can't believe you milked a cow! It sounds silly, but I think that's something that needs to be on my bucket list. I grew up around farms, but I don't think I've ever milked a cow.

    Glad you're having fun when you're not working!!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing Emi! I milked a cow in India and I was wildly inefficient too. Keep having fun and posting your adventures!
    -Kylie

    ReplyDelete

I know it might take a few clicks to make a comment but I really appreciate hearing from everyone! It can be hard to put yourself out there on the internet but great to know people are listening : )

p.s. If you can, sign your name please!