Sunday, December 2, 2012

Funny Money

Front, note the tape barely holding it together.
Pantaleon Dalence headed the Supreme court in the
late 1800s, and is considered the father of Bolivian Justice
I actually haven't seen a fake bill here.  But nevertheless each shopkeeper, taxi driver, and everyday person who functions by exchanges of money knows how to check for one.  And since a good portion of the bills here are old and ripped in half, I'm constantly doing so too.  When I asked someone how to tell, they let out the secret: his mustache moves!

Here's 20 Bolivianos, worth $3.  I hoard these for my daily purchases, since with the 50 or 100 bills you often find people don't have change.
Back.  The bill has a distinct texture, and you can
pick at the corner to make sure it's one sheet

Small letters outline the Banco Central,
but it's honestly too small for my eyes.
I matched the 39337175 before
accepting these two halves


In the watermark is a face, the number 20 to the left,  and the
strip to the right. On the left edge, see the red box is shadowed
in the yellow outline, proving the sides match perfectly
This man is showing off the 100Bs bill.
Exhibiting wealth with 300 Bs, worth US $40

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know it might take a few clicks to make a comment but I really appreciate hearing from everyone! It can be hard to put yourself out there on the internet but great to know people are listening : )

p.s. If you can, sign your name please!